Who can get a kit?
Duke Energy provides one FREE Energy Kit every 36 months to households associated with schools participating in Kilowatt Kitchen and The E-Team.
This means you are eligible to receive a FREE kit if:
- Your school hosted our program during the 2017-18 school year.
- You didn’t get one within the last 36 months.
- You live in a participating state (NC, SC, OH, IN, KY).
A few more things, while we’re at it:
- Duke Energy customers receive the full Energy Kit. Non-Duke customers can receive a partial kit.
- Every unique kit request (one per household) submitted within the 2017-18 school year counts towards the My Energy Kit school rewards.
- If you sign up, but you got a kit within the last 36 months, you’ll get a letter explaining when you’ll be eligible for another free kit.
Got more questions? Click here to read our FAQ.X
Take the My Energy Kit Challenge
Use your FREE Energy Kit to save energy in your home
Kilowatt Kitchen and The E-Team, in-school programs from Duke Energy, have a goal to save 10 million kilowatt-hours of energy during the 2017-18 school year. To reach this goal, families at participating schools can request a FREE Energy Kit to save energy in their homes. Every unique request for the FREE Energy Kit helps your school win cash rewards ranging from $250-$2,500, and gives each family a chance to win $1,000.
Take the My Energy Kit Challenge! Request your kit, help your school, and do your part to save energy.
What’s in the kit?
Duke Energy customers receive the following kit items:
- LED Bulbs (Energy Star Approved)
- LED Night Light
- Energy-Efficient Showerhead
- Kitchen Faucet Aerator
- Bathroom Faucet Aerator
- Water Flow Meter Bag
- Switch and Outlet Insulators
- Teflon Tape (used for installing the Showerhead and Faucet Aerators)
- Hot Water Gauge Card
- D.O.E. Energy Savers Booklet
- Glow Ring Toy
- Product Information/Instruction Sheet
To see what’s in the kit for non-Duke customers, read our FAQ.X